Chair holder - Prof. Dr. Gunther Friedl
|Office hours:||by appointment|
|Telephone:||+49 (0) 89 289-25800|
|Telefax:||+49 (0) 89 289-25802|
- CV Gunther Friedl english
- CV Gunther Friedl german
- Short Bio Gunther Friedl english
- Short Bio Gunther Friedl german
Gunther Friedl is professor of Business Administration and Management Accounting, head of the department of Management Accounting and dean of TUM School of Management. He conducts research in corporate governance and executive board compensation, performance measurement and business valuation.
After completing first degrees in physics at TUM and business administration at LMU Munich, he received his Ph.D. in 2000 and acquired his postdoctoral teaching qualification (habilitation) in 2004 at the Institute of Production Management and Controlling at LMU. Between 2004 and 2007 he held a position as professor of Business Administration and Management Accounting at the chair of Management Accounting at Johannes-Gutenberg University, Mainz. His research and teaching took him to Stanford University and Warsaw School of Economics.
Gunther Friedl is author and co-author of several books on cost accounting and controlling. His research is published e.g. in the European Journal of Operational Research, OR Spectrum, Research Policy and Schmalenbach Business Review.
He received numerous awards for his work, among them the price of the Association of University Teachers of Economics for the best coursebook and several Best Teaching Awards. His research studies about executive board compensation are regularly presented in Handelsblatt, Financial Times, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, The Huffington Post, ARD and ZDF.
- Supplier Development Investments in a Triadic Setting. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management PP (99), 2016, 1-15 more…
- Corporate Governance, Stakeholder Power, and Executive Compensation. OR Spectrum 33, 2011, 309-331 more…
- Kostenrechnung. Eine entscheidungsorientierte Einführung. Verlag Vahlen (1. edn.), 2010 more…
- Controlling innovative projects with moral hazard and asymmetric information. Research Policy 37, 2008, 1504-1514 more…
- Supplier Switching Decisions. European Journal of Operational Research 183, 2007, 700-717 more…